Q: What safety procedures do you have in place?
- We are taking the temperatures of all people who enter the clinic.
- Every therapist/child will wash hands (or use hand sanitizer) when they arrive and leave the clinic.
- Each session will end a couple of minutes early so all toys and equipment used as well as the treatment area can be thoroughly cleaned and ready for the next child.
- The waiting rooms are currently closed with the exception of a few chairs reserved for situations such as filling out paperwork or not having air conditioning in the vehicle. We ask parents to please check-in and then either wait outside or wait in their vehicle during the child’s therapy session to limit the number of people in the clinic.
- Our staff is wearing masks. It is at the discretion of the therapist and parent if the mask will be removed once inside the treatment room to be able to conduct some therapy services.
- During this time, we ask that only the child come back for ongoing therapy sessions if possible, to limit the number of people in the clinic.
- If a parent needs to attend the session, they will be asked to wear a mask.
Q: Are you offering telehealth services if we do not feel comfortable coming into the clinic even with the current safety procedures in place?
Absolutely! Telehealth will be offered as allowed through most insurance companies.
Q: What can you do to protect our staff and others in our community?
If you or your child are showing signs of illness, have a fever, have a cough, are experiencing difficulty breathing or have been in contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14 days we ask that you let us know so we can cancel your appointments temporarily. We will be cancelling appointments if signs of illness or fever are present at the door.
If you have further questions, please call the office. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we navigate a new normal.